We make it easy to pay for local foods. Scroll down for details.
- Cash (small bills preferred)
- GREEN market tokens – swipe your credit or debit card or write a check at the Information Booth
- BLUE & SILVER market tokens – swipe your EBT card and get DOUBLE your SNAP benefits
- Farmers Market Nutrition Program Checks – ask your WIC or Senior Food Box staff to print your checks, then bring them to the market
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as “food stamps”) tokens are available at the Information Booth. Market staff will swipe your EBT card for any amount you want and give you $1 tokens. SNAP tokens are blue and can only be used to purchase cold food. Ask Market staff if you have questions about what items you can or cannot purchase. Vendors are not able to give change on SNAP purchases, so consider bringing pocket change.
Double Up Food Bucks Arizona (SILVER) tokens are available at the Information Booth. After you swipe your EBT card, market staff will provide a $1 for $1 match for your SNAP dollars at the market, up to $20 per market visit. If a family spends $20 in SNAP dollars at the market, they receive an additional $20 in Double Up tokens to spend on fresh Arizona-grown fruits and vegetables. Families can bring home $40 worth of healthy food for $20.
Double Up tokens are silver and can only be used to purchase fresh fruits and vegetables. Ask market staff if you have questions about what you can or cannot purchase. Vendors are not able to give change on Double Up token purchases, so consider bringing pocket change. Learn more about the Double Up Arizona program here.
Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program Checks – WIC
Women Infants Children (WIC)
and Senior Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (SFMNP)
The Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) provides checks to eligible low-income women, infants and children through the WIC program and adults over the age of 65 through SFMNP. A variety of fresh, nutritious, unprepared, locally grown fruits, vegetables and herbs may be purchased with FMNP checks. These checks are distributed throughout the spring and summer by Yavapai County Community Health Services (YCCHS) and expire after the last market in October. In order to use WIC/FMNP checks look for the signs below at participating farmer booths. The following farmers can accept these checks:
- Aguiar Farm
- Hassayampa Vineyard and Farm
- Hernandez Farm
- Mina’s Farm
- Noguez Farm
- Sedroc Farm
- Whipstone Farm
Using Credit or Debit
In addition to SNAP tokens, PFM also offers credit/debit tokens. These tokens are green and have a $1 or $5 value. The tokens may be purchased at the Information Booth and can be used at all booths to purchase ANY items, including crafts.
- Tokens are available in $1 & $5 increments at the Information Booth.
- Spend tokens like cash at all vendor booths (yes, you get cash back if you need change from the vendor).
- There is a $1 transaction fee (if you buy one $5 token, your credit card will be charged $6; if you buy five $5 tokens, your card will be charged $26). There is no charge for transactions over $50.
- Tokens allow you to keep shopping even if you run out of cash or are purchasing from a vendor that does not accept credit cards.
- Tokens can be used at the Prescott, Prescott Valley, and Chino Valley markets.
Paying with cash
Please be kind to vendors by bringing smaller bills and change when you visit the market.